Saturday, November 29, 2014

John Taylor Gatto's Ultimate History Lesson

Hello friends,

Time is short for producers, and I only recommend reading, listening and viewing pieces that I find to be worthy of a busy person's time.  This YouTube suggestion is for over 5 hours of video, and was suggested to me by a voluntaryist pal in Scottsdale, AZ, thanks Tom!

I suggest that as you watch it, you don't make judgement about what you agree or disagree about, just listen and contemplate.  Then, a week, month or year later, watch it again, this time carefully thinking.  I am in my second watching, and am finding that 80% of the content is great!

Skip the first 16 minutes of video 1, it is of the "interviewer" advertising the project.  I will summarize for you, "If you like the video, please make a donation and check out their webpage for lots of other info."


I look forward to your comments below!

2 comments:

  1. Tom here :) "The Ultimate History Lesson" brought together threads of information I had gotten snippets of throughout my life and connected them in my mind in a way that finally made sense of the world I see around me. It was, for me, like the Rosetta Stone: now I could understand and make sense of current events. More importantly, there are thousands of footnotes and references included to give the motivated thinker everything he needs to confirm the information and deepen the learning experience. I consider it one of the most valuable things I have ever watched.

    ReplyDelete